Burning DVDs with Nautilus fails

Trond Danielsen trond.danielsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:44:07 UTC 2006

Hi!

I am trying to burn a dvd with nautilus. Nautilus finishes without any
errors,  but the disc is unreadable. I can read dvds written by other
writers without any problems. This is the relevant output from dmesg:

usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: TSSTcorp  Model: CD/DVDW TS-L532A  Rev: TI51
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 00
usb-storage: device scan complete
 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 5
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
sr 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
sr0: Hmm, seems the drive doesn't support multisession CD's
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
sr 0:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x8000002
sr0: Current: sense key: Medium Error
    Additional sense: Unrecovered read error
Info fld=0x10
end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 64
Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 8

--
Trond Danielsen