Kernel Differences Woes

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:55:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 23:12 -0500, Rod Haper wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  I guess I'll go ahead and file
> bugzilla reports for the two systems but I won't hold my breath.  I've
> searched bugzilla several times for similar problems without any luck.
> I suspect the problem is related to changes in udev. In the meantime,
> I'll just continue running FC4 with the old 1369 kernel.

I'm getting a new Athlon 64 machine this week (finally!!) to replace
this ole AMD P3 clunker and I'm darn near seriously worried about
installing FC5 to it. Is there a concensus of opinion that FC4 is more
solid with Nvidia hardware? I'm getting some good stuff and I have to
get into development mode with this machine, for serious... not a
play-toy. Any thoughts? Advice? Caveats? Ric