FC5 Latest madwifi from Atrpm

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 13:35:58 UTC 2006

I upgraded madwifi drivers from ATrpm:

madwifi-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5
madwifi-hal-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5
madwifil-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5

all versions are 0.9.0-23.rhfc5.at (previous were 0.9.0-20.rhfc5.at)

Now when I start kismet I get (it was working before upgrading, i.e.
one hour ago!!!)

 kismet
Server options:  none
Client options:  none
Starting server...
Waiting for server to start before starting UI...
Will drop privs to kismet (100) gid 101
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
Source 0 (DLinkG650): Enabling monitor mode for madwifi_ag source
interface ath0 channel 6...
WARNING: ath0 appears to not accept the Madwifi-NG controls. Will
attempt to configure it as a standard Madwifi-old interface. If you
are using madwifi-ng, be sure to set the source interface to the wifiX
control interface, NOT athX
FATAL: 'get_mode' does not return integer parameters.

Any help???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag