dns question

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Tue Jun 6 06:04:07 UTC 2006

Ed Greshko wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Oh, it is actually OK/good.  You've set up what is referred to as a
> caching name server.  To steal text from a site....
>

> [snip]
>
> All that is well and good....but I would make sure that you don't allow
> DNS queries from outside of your network.  For various reasons.

Yes, already taken care of. :-)

I now have one of my PCs using the FC5 box as it's DNS server.... I'll
see how that goes, if I don't encounter any "weirdness" I'll change the
rest of the PCs to also use it. (A simple change to my router dhcp
server config)

Thanks for the help. :-)

I'm thinking now that if this is such a good way to go, why doesn't a
server install do this by default? Though the last time I did a clean
install was FC4. I did a DVD update to get to FC5....

Don