kde in extras - the devel discussion

Andy Goss aegoss at vicnet.net.au
Wed Jun 7 00:57:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 14:05 +0100, Mike Cohler wrote:
> I see that there is a long thread in fedora-devel about whether to
> push KDE out into extras. There are a lot of people out there (Linus T
> for one !) who feel that KDE should be part of the OS.  I would hate
> to see KDE pushed out of the core.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> --
>
> mike cohler

Why alienate your most enthusiastic users? Who else is going to
recommend your distro?

If FC did not support KDE, which in FC4 at least it does rather well for
my purposes, I would not be using FC at all. There are plenty of KDE
distros around.

Loyalty must first be earned, then continually justified.

Andy Goss