installing FC4 isos from another linux box...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 7 18:21:28 UTC 2006

hi alan...

i have a cd burner on a windows box... right now i have all the iso files on
a windows box. i can easily copy the files to the linux box for the install
process.. i didn't want to go through the issue of creating all the cds if i
could easily do a network install.

is there a reasonable way to create a "boot cd" from windows, given that i
have all the iso files?

fom your information, it appears that i could do :
 -1) copy the 1st iso file image to a cd
 -2) copy the rescue iso to a cd
 -3) go through the mount process for the 1st cd,
     extract/copy the boot.img file to the windows box,
     and copy the image to a boot cd...

this process would seem to get me the boot cd, which would then allow me to
proceed.

so, which approach should i use?

however, i would still have to figure out how to setup the NFS process, and
would need to know how/where to copy the ISO files...

-bruce

-bruce