yum upgrade from fc3 ---> fc5?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Jun 7 19:13:33 UTC 2006

> You can use your existing bootloader (grub?) to boot the installer and
> then do an NFS install:
>
> http://www.city-fan.org/tips/BootInstallerFromHardDisk
>
> Paul.

(Paul) Yet again, thanks for the tip. That worked well.

I got the system upgraded to FC5. To run yum update I had to exclude
evolution to get it to work. Actually I remove evolution but could not
remove evolution-data-server because of dependencies.

Now when I try yum update I get:
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package evolution-data-server.i386 0:1.6.2-1.fc5.1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 for package: gnome-panel
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package gnome-panel

yum install libecal-1.2.so.3 finds no packages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
James