microphone input goes to speakers, but not audacity, krec or skype...UTS bug?

Randy Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Wed Jun 7 20:05:31 UTC 2006

I have been playing with the same thing but with line-in... and was unable to get krec to work. :(
Audacity should work however if you enable the mic channel for recording in kmix.
<><Randy

<><Randall Grimshaw
Room 203 Machinery Hall
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY   13244
315-443-5779
rgrimsha at syr.edu
>>> anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net 06/07/06 3:36 PM >>>
Hi.

I just installed a microphone, and when I speak into it, I can hear
myself in my speakers.
Isn´t that fun?
So, apparently, the microphone does function.
But, I can´t seem to get it to input sound to Krec, audacity, or skype.
I´m sure I must have done something terribly simple and simply stupid to
cause such effect,
but I confess, I haven´t a clue what.
Must I do something in KMix or something to reroute the input?
I really am clueless here.  Haven´t had a microphone connected to my
computer in quite some time.
About 3 years I think.
At that time, I recorded somethings...so I know it can be done.
O yeah...FC5, KDE3.5, etc.
any and all assistance appreciated.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233