IRQ 17 Disable message

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Wed Jun 7 20:59:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 01:20:00PM -0400, Terry Snyder wrote:
> On 6/7/06, Kayvan A. Sylvan <kayvan at sylvan.com> wrote:
> >
> >On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 07:39:44AM -0400, Terry Snyder wrote:
> >> Jun  7 07:00:45 8lfb2b1 kernel: irq 17: nobody cared (try booting with
> >the
> >> "irqpoll" option)
> >
> >Did you try booting with the irqpoll option?
>
> I kind of fell bad but how would I go about doing this?  Also one thing to
> add about this, is my sound through the speakers stopped working about the
> same this happened.  Once I rebooted it sound and network seemed to be
> working again.

If you aer using the GRUB loader, when you boot, just hit the "a" key
and add "irqpoll" to the end of your kernel boot line, then hit return.

If that works, add it to the kernel line of your /boot/grub/grub.conf
to make it permanent.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)