Evolution updates breaking Exchange?

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 04:05:53 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, psnider at adelphia.net <psnider at adelphia.net> wrote:

> ---- "Gregory P. Ennis" <PoMec at PoMec.Net> wrote:

> from

> > > I'm experiencing imap interface problems.  After updating to the
> latest, connecting to the exchange server, evolution now pops up a dialogue
> box with 'Error while Refreshing folder.  Server unexpectedly disconnected:
> Unknown error'  Of course, prior to updating evolution was connecting
> without a problem.
> > >
> > > -pete
> > >

> > Pete,
> >
> > I had the same problem, but it was related to the new dovecot upgrade.
> > I had to put my dovecot.conf entries into the dovecot.conf.rpmnew file
> > as well as uncomment the following line in dovecot.conf.rpmnew
> >
> > #pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
> >
> > Obviously had to rename dovecot.conf.rpmnew to dovecot.conf and then
> > restart dovecot with "service dovecot restart"
>
> Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  I'm having the problem connecting to a MS
> exchange server using evolution imap.  Dovecot is not installed on the linux
> box.
> -pete

After a few time crash, evolution seems working now. however, the contents
of Memos, calanders, and tasks were missed. not sure why

my installations:

evolution-2.6.2-1.fc5.5
evolution-data-server-1.6.2-1.fc5.1
evolution-sharp-0.10.2-9.3
evolution-data-server-devel-1.6.2-1.fc5.1
evolution-webcal-2.4.1-3.4