SELinux

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jun 9 12:19:36 UTC 2006

Derek Jander wrote:
> Which level of SELinux you recommend for a personal laptop? I mean, if you
> are not offering any service to internet or you don't have many users and
> stuff is it really necessary?

I have SELinux enabled on *all* of my machines. But then I know how to
fix SELinux issues when they crop up. If it works for you when enabled,
you're better off having it, since it offers an additional layer of
protection. You don't need to have multiple users or to be offering
services on the Internet to get your machine compromised.

Paul.