Has RedHat been munged?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 10 12:26:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 23:47 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Friday 09 June 2006 17:26, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > Thomas Taylor wrote:
> > > Seeing a lot of Fw:Samba install problem messages (currently 7).
> > > Whois shows the sending IP (209.132.177.30) to be registered to Red
> > > Hat.  What gives?
> >
> > Your message and all 5000 or so others in my fedora-list mailbox have
> > the same ip in them.  It's hormel.redhat.com.  What's the problem you
> > see with that?
> >
> > --
> > Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
> > Damn you, broccoli!
> >     -- Stewie Griffin
>
> I don't have a problem with RedHat sending messages, but why are they using
> the name "Freedom Web Services" without some prior information about a new
> (?) name.
----
everyone sets up their own email program and can enter any name they
choose to be, thus someone has chosen to use 'Freedom Web Services'.

A mail list disseminates subscribers emails, thus the fedora-list,
automatically mails out subscribers emails sent to
fedora-list at redhat.com for all subscribers to all subscribers.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mailing_list for more information.

Also, since you are connected to the Internet, you might learn to use
things like Wikipedia and Google to search for information on things you
don't understand for explanations.

Craig