Connecting to Windows Network via VPN

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 10 16:59:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 11:53 -0500, Bill Polhemus wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Depending on what you are
> > trying to do on the office machines you may be better off
> > setting up a server with terminal services or leaving an
> > XP desktop set up for remote access and connecting via
> > rdesktop.  This lets you run all the local apps remotely
> > instead of copying files and working with them under
> > Linux.
> >
> Well, that's actually what I want to do. However, I can't figure out
> rdesktop either--why is it that Linux software is typically SO poorly
> documented? I've looked everywhere for a How-To, or similar, on rdesktop
> and find NADA.
----
rdesktop presumes that you would use it just like Microsoft's 'Remote
Desktop Connection' and in essence, if you need to understand how to use
it, the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection documentation is what you
should be looking for.

As for other Linux software documentation...it is generated by users
such as yourself and you are of course welcome to pitch in wherever you
see a need.

Craig