Unable to update

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Jun 10 17:08:00 UTC 2006

On Saturday 10 June 2006 17:07, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I run either yum or yumex, all I get is that yum cannot find a valid
> repo for core.
>
> Any clues on how to fix this? Using a FC5 box (standard FC5 - the
> machine is my buildsys for extras).
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Hi Paul. I've put Apt back on FC5, and available, along with synaptic from
Extras, and am DL'ing the filelists.xml for core at the moment.

Personally I prefer Apt, and have been using the version from planetccrma
since FC1 for music apps, and updates. Planetccrma have now decided to move
to Yum for FC5, but thats the only repo I have to use Yum for.

Nigel.