FC4 or FC5

Benton W Middleton ipowerone at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 03:51:08 UTC 2006

bruce <bedouglas <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> why do you suggest fc5?
>
> at the same time, what version of rhel is the latest?
>
> is there a way to get a the source srpms for rhel? or should one take a look
> at centos?
>
> thanks
>
> -bruce

RHEL_4 is closest to FC3, and maybe 4. Their guide is - - work on CURRENT Fedora
goes into NEXT RHEL version. Centos keeps up with CURRENT RHEL, but does not
offer support, as does RedHat. As for choosing between FC4 & FC5, FC4 is more
stable, except with "Xen", the VM software. FC5 has ver_3.0 which will even let
you host MS Windows on top of Linux. Those are basically the choices you have in
that area.
            - -  Benster! - -