Photo gallery recommendation?

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Sun Jun 11 09:15:03 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm looking for a program to create and maintain an on-line photo
> gallery under Fedora-5. If possible I'd like to have thumbnails plus
> a film-strip (like Windows!).

[cut[

> I've also looked at Coppermine, but there does not seem to be an RPM,
>  and I prefer to keep within the yum repositories if possible.
>
> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Coppermine is excellent and the reason that you can't find an RPM is
because it is installed on your web server, not locally!

You just un-zip it to a local working directory and then ftp it to your
server and run an install script on the server. The README tells the story.

Peter HB (http://hbsys.co.uk/Gallery)