Windows XP Pro/Fedora Core 5 Dual Boot

Chris Maiden chris at samatason.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 10:40:43 UTC 2006

Hi All

I am feeling quite happy! I have got Fedora Core 5 up and running on my
Workstation and apart from a few hiccups all is well.

Now I am getting adventurous!

I am thinking of setting up my HP NX8220 laptop with dual booting for
Windows XP Pro and Fedora Core 5.

I have looked on the internet at a few tutorials and I noticed that
Linux will not read NTFS partitions so I wanted to check my thinking.

So should I create 3 partitions, one for Windows NTFS, a partition for
Fedora and then a 1 Gb partition as FAT32 so that I can "transfer files"
between the two? I know I'll be limited to a Gb this way but is this the
best way to go about it?

Also wondered if anyone had come across any major problems installing
Fedora Core 5 on the HP NX8220.

Any tips and information really appreciated!!!

Regards,

Chris