xdosemu - launch oddity

Laurence Vanek lvanek at charter.net
Sun Jun 11 16:10:40 UTC 2006

I have a satellite tracking program I am running from an X session using
xdosemu.

When attempting to run "xdosemu" from user account I get:

"Illegal instruction"

Heres the odd part. if I type xdosemu 3-4 times in succession (get
"Illegal instruction" each time) it will finally start in a terminal
window.  After that all is well, works perfectly in running the dos
program I want.

Has anyone experienced this or am I missing something in how to start up
dosemu?  Dont find anything in /var/log/messages that relates to this.

Im running FC5 with 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5 kernel.   dosemu came from yum
repo (dosemu-1.3.3-2.fc5).