Photo gallery recommendation?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 19:29:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 14:20, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 12:34 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > The download includes a picassa-specific version of wine so there
> > is an extra few MB of overhead until the fixes make it into the
> > mainstream version.
> >
> > http://picasa.google.com/linux/learn_more.html
>
> I've already seen that, but it still doesn't avoid the fact that you're
> running a Windows program.  It's not really a Linux version of Picasa.

But that doesn't automatically make it a problems as you seem to
imply.

> I've yet to experience anything running through an emulation (and I'm
> aware that Wine says it's not an emulation), run as fast, or as well as,
> an application that's meant for your OS.

Maybe you are in for a new experience then.  And by the way, I've
seen things run faster under wine than windows although I've
forgotten what now.  Anything that can benefit from intelligent
disk caching would probably improve compared to win98.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com