Goto Command Line from Grub without X

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 11 22:04:04 UTC 2006

Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have looked through the grub docs but do not find explicit statement
> of how I can go directly to the linux command line in a non-x-windows
> environment from grub even though the system is set to go to x-windows
> in inittab.
>
>  All help appreciated.

While others have suggested using the "e" option I've found it quicker
to use "a".  The use of "a" take you directly to the modify kernel
parameters dialog.  There you simply add "3" to the end of the line no
need for "init".  Then "return" goes directly to boot.

--
Sir, it's very possible this asteroid is not stable.
		-- C3P0