radeon, drm, and X700?

tomhorsley at adelphia.net tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 12 11:14:52 UTC 2006

Anyone know if drm support will be included with the radeon driver for newer
ATI cards anytime soon? (And if you know, what's the answer :-). Will
this be something that might come as a FC5 update, or are we talking
FC6?

(Just for a competitive incentive, I'll point out that SUSE are shipping
a radeon driver that does drm with OpenSUSE 10.1 :-).

The proprietary fglrx driver crashes my system whenever I exit the X
server, so I've switched back to the radeon driver, but it would be nice
if the occasional opengl program I (try to) run would work.