Linux File Transfer (not ftp)

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Jun 12 17:46:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Matthew Benjamin wrote:

> Can someone recommend the "best/most efficient" way to transfer files from
> one linux machine to another, without using ftp?

How big the files over how great a distance with what sort of
connectivity? (Muttering something about station wagons full of tape and
_large bandpass_)

Quibbling aside, if you can connect with ssh, you should be able to use
scp, which is what I'm using. I just found sshfs the other day, which uses
ssh also, and _really_ makes file transfer rather transparent. YMMV of
course.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown