FC4 or FC5

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 19:04:17 UTC 2006

From: "Peter Gordon" <peter at thecodergeek.com>
> jdow wrote:

>> By the way, has anybody noticed how much a license for Qt costs if
>> you want to get PAID for software you right? I might as well simply
>> get an MSDN license and develop for XP. Ditto with respect to the
>> RHEL costs. They cost MORE than XP in the long run.
> Qt and RHEL are both Free/Open-source. You do not necessarily need to
> pay any licensing fees to make money on either of them. (Though, for
> RHEL, you do have to remove the trademarked artwork and stuff before
> you can redistribute it, with or without charging a fee for that
> copying.)

Reread the Qt license, Peter. If you have developed any software that
uses Qt in any way (ie. for KDE) you MUST purchase a commercial license
from TrollTech. And it is NOT cheap if you are a small developer.

(And with the current GPL nonsense I am STRONGLY disinclined to
perform any serious development that surrounds me with its level of
uncertainty over my legal liabilities for wanting to have bread on
my table. So I grit my teeth and develop for Windows.)

{^_^}   Joanne