FC5 mozilla/firefox can't openb .pdf files

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jun 13 02:32:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Paul Erickson wrote:

I think I got the attributions right.

> Hi Matthew,
>
> See below.
>
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:

>> Does this happen for every PDF or just some?
>
> As far as I can tell, it happens to every pdf.
>
>> If you click Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> View Actions, is PDF
>> listed? What does it say it will do in that case?
>>
> The only thing enabled is the "Open download manager"

Did you see the View Actions button?  I need to expand the window size
before it shows up.  (On the other hand, I don't have anything listed
in that window.)

>> Do you have evince or Acrobat Reader plugin installed? Do you have
>> mozplugger installed? Is this a 64-bit or 32-bit system?
>>
> No, Acrobat is not installed. Neither is mozplugger. This is a 32-bit system.

Pretty strange.  It looks like some of the bugs listed in the earlier post
may be relevant, but I don't have any of those problems--PDFs open just
fine.  The only thing I have that I haven't seen mentioned is the Disable
Targets for Downloads Firefox plugin.

I suppose you might try that.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman