duplicating an installation

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Tue Jun 13 15:03:05 UTC 2006

Thanks,

Am I correct that since I'll put a second disk in temporarily, as you
suggested the master on the secondary controller (I'm using IDE not SCSI)
/dev/hdc, install the grub loader.  I'm guessing (correctly?) that the
grub-install command is not sensitive to where the disk's final resting
place will be (in my case /dev/hda)

Also the label command just lables the partition witht he name but not the
disk location as well.

Jeff