No floppy device in FC5

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Tue Jun 13 16:19:38 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 13:56, Jerry wrote:
>  Fedora 5 and KDE does not find a usb ext floppy it says
> error-Kdesktop
> /root/desktop/floppy device
> is of type FSDevice but has no DEV=...ENTRY
> AND IAM ONE THAT HAS kde installed and no gnome.
> and it sucks to mount it by hand every time i want to use it!!!

I use Gnome's Disk Mounter in FC4, and now in FC5 it cannot mount any floppy
anymore, with error: "You don't have permission to do that". What is
happening here? I have to tell my users to mount the floppy from a terminal,
and they're not happy!

http://linux2.arinet.org
23:19:29 up 29 min, 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5 GNU/Linux