No floppy device in FC5

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 17:15:13 UTC 2006

A while back I ran into a similar problem with my floppy drive, there was
not way to mount
to /dev/fd0... until I did this command:

       "floppy --create > /etc/floppy"

the file created contains only one line:
      "floppy A     /dev/fd0"

then I edited my fstab with this line:
      "/dev/fd0   /mnt/floppy   auto   noauto, owner   0   0"

after this, using KDE, I can mount/unmount the floppy as any user:
      "mount /dev/fd0" or "unmont /dev/d0"

the floppy is not automatically mounted/unmounted.

~af