[ANN] stablemirror - a yum plugin for stable, up-to-date mirrors

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Tue Jun 13 20:01:15 UTC 2006

Tony Nelson wrote:
> Stablemirror is a yum plugin to choose a stable, working, up-to-date
 > mirror each time. ... I hope to get feedback on stablemirrors before
> submitting it as a RFE for yum plugins.

No problems here: great job.

This issue has made it a real nuisance to keep Fedora updated. I loved
the old 'redhat network' update process and would have gladly paid to
keep it. The free alternative was almost useless until the mirrors
became discoverable, then only slightly better because there were so
many broken down mirrors. This seems like it should fix the remaining
update issues.

Thanks again!