FC5 rpm database corrupt [Solved]

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jun 14 00:54:59 UTC 2006

On Tuesday June 13 2006 08:31, Paul Howarth wrote:
> It is not safe to use yumex on FC5 with SELinux in enforcing mode until
> selinux-policy has been updated to at least 2.2.25-3.fc5.
>
> To answer your question: yes, you need to update selinux-policy using
> some method other than yumex before updating anything using yumex.

Sorry, I'm still confused - not so hard as time marches on... My current
selinux policy:
rpm -qa | grep selinux-policy
selinux-policy-2.2.43-4.fc5
Are you saying that because this was installed using Yumex, it's probably
corrupt? Should I remove it, then reinstall with yum? Or am I way off base?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA