Red Hat just ripped me off for $179.00

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Wed Jun 14 03:35:50 UTC 2006

<snip>

Thank you for almost all of the replies that told me what an idiot I am.

I did make a couple of errors.

1)  I assumed that something I pay for is better than the free version.
(The installer is copyright 2001)  Yes you can make something stable if
it only installs on 2 motherboards and 3 video cards (smart ass remark)

2)  I assumed that the plain Dell office computer that FC 5 worked so
well on would not be a problem.  I tried to get pre-order information
but was ignored by Red Hat.  Dell does not list components on their
invoice only part numbers.  They are the largest computer maker in the
world, you would think Red Hat would be connected at the hip with them.

Debian is now downloading away at my office.  Red Hat is the only Linux
I've used for a desktop starting with V 5.1, if Debian doesn't work out
I'll see if Novell will return any calls or email, it's a 31 flavors
kind of thing now to see what I like.

Of all the email I received, only one offer of help came, I'll be
removing my name from the list now.