A few questions about Fedora

Endre Szabo sze_mail at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 04:26:42 UTC 2006

Hello

I'm an absolute Linux novice with no experience with
this OS. Now I'm looking for a suitable distribution.

I've got a P3 800Mhz 256MB RAM 10GB HDD machine.
I intend to make  database gui apps with MySql, Python
and the wxPython toolkit with Boa RAD tool and also
web developement.
So many of above will run simultaneously.

I've got a few questions:

1. Is Fedora suitable for me? Used with KDE and all
above will it have the necessary speed and stability
on my machine?
2. Where can I find a list of apps wich come with FC5?
3. Can I install new softs or update existing ones
without internet connection -- ie. from cd?
4. Can I install from tarballs (tar.gz) or only from
rpm?
5. Will softs not intented especially for fedora but
for "generally Linux" work?

Thanks
Endre Szabo