Red Hat just ripped me off for $179.00

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 05:19:50 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Timothy Payne <tim at tmpco.com> wrote:
> I WAS TOLD BY A RED HAT EMPLOYEE TO SWITCH!  NOW THEY REFUSE TO REFUND
> MY MONEY.  GET IT NOW?  OR DO YOU STILL THINK I'M AN IDIOT?

You know what... Lets assume for awhile that all you say is true. Get
us a name and email for this bozo who told you that and we will flame
him, and maybe even rally to your cause if what you say is true.

But you have to undertand a few things:
1) you came across as someone who is just bitching
2) you came across as a possible paid troll on a public mailing list
3) you provided little details initially in a forum which really was
not mean to deal with your problem
4) we all know that RedHat is _not_ in the desktop (personal OS)
business, so saying that you, an individual, bought a copy of Redhat
Linux automatically rings bells.

As much as you may get flamed here, assuming your words as truth, we
would love to see you get refunded. Oh, and all uppercase emails don't
help. For your own sake, regardless of your next choice of OS, do some
hardware research before spending money on it, or if the vendor
provides one, try an evaluation version first. (Fedora is not an
evaluation of Redhat)

Good luck, and goodnight.

--
To be updated...