Pam Keyring Problem

Chris Maiden chris at samatason.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 06:16:12 UTC 2006

Hi

Thanks for the advice regarding Pam Keyring yesterday! Installed it OK
and logged out and back in again and I was not asked for the default
keyring password so I assumed all was ok...

However - I had not used the same password for the keyring as my login
password so this morning when I powered up - there was the screen asking
me for the password.

So I read a bit more and discovered that I needed to change the default
keyring password to match. There was a "Testing" package that enabled me
to do that so...

Now this is where I think I've done something silly...

I downloaded the "Testing" pam_keyring-0.0.8.tar.gz package, rm'd the
previous package and ./configure runs ok but when I make it seems to go
wrong here...

> gcc -g -Werror -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -g -O2 -o pam-keyring-tool pam-keyring-tool.o  -lpam -lgnome-keyring
> pam-keyring-tool.o: In function `pam_keyring_change_password':
> /usr/local/src/pam_keyring-0.0.8/src/pam-keyring-tool.c:205: undefined reference to `gnome_keyring_change_password_sync'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [pam-keyring-tool] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pam_keyring-0.0.8/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pam_keyring-0.0.8'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Now I think it's because I just rm'd the old package and did not make
uninstall?

So I think I need some guidance as how to recover from this situation.

One thing I tried was to download the first package again and installed
that - it seemed to go ok and then I did a make uninstall but when I
tried with the testing package I got the same result as before...

Best Regards,

Chris