GoogleEarth for Linux has been released

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 19:32:01 UTC 2006

> My geforce 2Go laptop also has 670 FPS. Running googlearth on it works
> fine as long as I do not resize the window above say 1024x768.
> running it fullscreen (1600x1200) makes it teriibly slow (cvpu goes to
> 100%).

yes, the FPS is not the only issue though - It also depends on what features
your driver implements. The nvidia driver (I guess you are using the binary
one from nvidia ?) implements most features. Other cards are not so lucky, so
even if they are as fast (say under windows where the drivers are all pretyy
weell full featured), you may find your linux one is very poor in comparison.

Chris