<TID> Re: another jerk in my mail box

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 04:43:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 20:59 -0400, taharka wrote:

> Yes, I remember Lonni Friedman from the old Caldera newsgroup/mailing
> list. At times he can be quite abrasive but quite helpful also ;-)

That was a great list!!! I had about 2000 posts logged there, it was a
good bunch of people. It was kinda Republican as we were spending $120
when RedHat sold for $40. <grin> I was wayward at wayward.net then, living
on a hilltop in West Virginia with a clear field of fire, 8 line BBS, 4
German Shepherds and a girlfriend named Calamity, who toted 4 handguns.
<chuckles> That's country!

I've settled down, so I'm just wayward4now... no handguns, no
girlfriend, just got a tractor and a POS pickup truck. I had to borrow a
dog and live on some one else's 10 acres of level land with broken
fences. <grins> Ric

p/s Who was that Caldera list member who lived on Pitcairn Island and
was one of the original Bounty families and ran some kind of service
provider on the island? I always wanted to take him up on his invite to
go there, sip long drinks and tell tall lies.

p/p/s What was that we used to put in the subject line to allow others
to filter out the gab? Topic something something <TID> That would be
good to use here, so those not interested in social opinions could
consign the traffic to the trash bin automatically. I think I'll put
that into this send... Topic Is Deteriorating? Something like that was
what it meant. It sure worked when someone got all irate at the social
posts on that list. We just told 'em to <TID> filter themselves.
<chuckles>