What kills Gnome??

David C. Chipman dchipman at ican.net
Thu Jun 15 04:37:35 UTC 2006

Hi Beartooth,

	It would seem you don't have esd running. Please understand, I got GNOME working again by kiling runing esd processes (from XFCE, which doesn't use ESD). From within XFCE I opened a terminal window and ran sol ("Aisle Riot") through strace. You also might try adding "ulimit -c unlimited" to your /etc/profile file (you'll have to use su to get to the "root" account to edit that file, of course). Then try running GNOME again, and see if any "core" files show up in your home directory, when you go back to the Desktop environment that works (KDE? fine). OK?

		-David Chipman

(On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:01:06 -0400