httpd configuration

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 08:26:00 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, adel.essafi <adel.essafi at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi all
> I just want to ask, if with FC5 server, is possible make
> configuration so that every user can make his own webspace. I
> can't give write access to /var/www/html/ them!!
> Thank you in advance.
> AS
>
> Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
> 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)

hey,

You can enable use of Userdir in  apache. Read the below lines

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    #
    # UserDir is disabled by default since it can confirm the presence
    # of a username on the system (depending on home directory
    # permissions).
    #
    UserDir disable

    #
    # To enable requests to /~user/ to serve the user's public_html
    # directory, remove the "UserDir disable" line above, and uncomment
    # the following line instead:
    #
    #UserDir public_html

</IfModule>

These lines are from apache 2.0.52.

Or you can create some ftp users and make their home directories to
the webprojects you want to assign them.

for example   user "john" has to handle project  " distro" so his home
directory will be /var/www/html/distro  and in vsftp configuration
file enable chroot_local_user=yes

Now these ftp users can upload and download anything from their home
directories but they can't access any other projects.

Regards

Ankush Grover