Gdm floppy and cdrom access, 'cannot mount volume'[Scanned]

Chris Bradford chrisbradford at cambridge-news.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 18:22:24 UTC 2006

I have tested this further and established that if I add the following
to the /etc/fstab file:

/dev/fd0        /media/floppy   auto    user,noauto

Users can use the command mount /media/floppy to mount the drive and
umount /media/floppy to unmount the drive.

This however breaks the floppy drive interface under Computer in gdm.

Hope this helps someone...

-Chris