httpd configuration

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 16 03:31:57 UTC 2006

Tim:
>>> Supplemental to the other suggestions, also check out the Apache SELinux
>>> FAQ that's available from the Fedora website.  You may need to set up
>>> userspace public_html directories with proper SELinux contexts, by hand.

Arthur Pemberton:
>> That is automatic if 'www' is used i believe. But yah, the docs will tell.

Paul Howarth:
> Looking at /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs
> it would appear that www or web or public_html should all be OK.

mkdir public_html web www
ls -Zd public_html web www
drwxrwxr-x  tim      tim      user_u:object_r:user_home_t      public_html
drwxrwxr-x  tim      tim      user_u:object_r:user_home_t      web
drwxrwxr-x  tim      tim      user_u:object_r:user_home_t      www

I suspect that some relabelling is required, not just the creation of
the required directories, to get user webspace to work.

I read messages from the public lists.