grandkids strike again

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jun 16 04:18:37 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 20:42 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 22:33 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Hi all;
>>>
>>> One of my grandchildren just sent me a .wmv file.
>>>
>>> Do we have a plugin for mplayer to handle that?
>> ----
>> w32codec - get it from axel's repository
> ----
> I forgot...if you do install this, you would then qualify as a
> 'sanctimonious twit' per Joanne...but I digress...

Chuckle, yes I've been watching this with some amusement.  I take it the
majority of the responders to that thread have no idea who Joanne is.

Some of the younger ones should have a little more respect for those who
have been there, and done that, and she has.  She has, back in history,
paid her dues, including to open source.  I'm a late comer in that I've
only known her for about 15 years.   She teaches with a ruler for
rapping knuckles always within reach, but she can both teach, and write
code, good code.

--
Cheers, Gene