I love Fedora Core! Thank you!

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:42:20 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, Dan <grinnz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I know that this isn't the devel list, but I do have one suggestion:
> > Less disks. At least get the base system onto a single 700 MB disc. I
> > really almost had to stay with Kubuntu (which isn't a bad distro)
> > because of the massive download.
> I think this is why they are moving several core packages to extras, in
> a nutshell.
> -Dan

That would mean bad news for me. I don't have a very good connection
at home (Cellphone GPRS), and I download my ISOs at work. Any extras
that I require needs to be downloaded (with dependencies) at work and
then installed manually at home.
I really wish there were weekly or monthly ISO snapshots of the
extras. But then not many people are in the same situation as me.

--
Regards
Vivek

Registered Linux User #374218