FC4 or FC5

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 16 17:59:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:08:40 -0700
Bob Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx> wrote:

> Hmm. The FSF seems to say:  You use any nail other than ours, we own
> your hammer because it's a derived work.

Naw, a programmer that chooses to release her code under the GPL
license is giving you great freedom to use her work.  All she asks
in return is that programmers who improve _her_ code and want to
share it with others, do so in a way that respects the freedoms
she gave in the first place.

Sean

P.S.  Please be careful with your snipping, you made it look like I
      wrote the paragraph to which you were responding; i didn't.