Built kernel-2.6.16.20 for ntfs driver; now SELinux won't let me in

Matthew Munro denormalised at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 23:50:00 UTC 2006

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Matthew Munro wrote:
>> Here's one.  So I've built and installed this new kernel, and then
>> rebooted into it, and then I get this.
>>
>> Jun 13 12:08:24 north kernel: audit(1150196904.915:6): avc:  denied  {
>> entrypoint } for  pid=1873 comm="login" name="bash" dev=hda7 ino=49158
>> scontext=root:sysadm_r:hotplug_t:s0-s0:c0.c255
>> tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t:s0 tclass=file
>>
>> And that's probably as much help as I can be on this matter, since I
>> have now re-installed FC5 from scratch.  Thanks for your attention.
>>
> To avoid having to re-install from scratch, just make sure you add
> the new kernel while keeping the current kernel as a boot option.
> You can have several kernels installed at once, and pick the one to
> run at boot time. This is recommended practice whether you build
> your own kernel, or install a new kernel from an RPM. That way, if
> you have problems with the new kernel, you can always boot from the
> known working one.

Yes.  I re-installed FC5 not to escape the kernel that locked me out,
but to overcome a sick X server.  (My webcam crashed the system and
every subsequent X start resulted in a segmentation fault.)  I had three
or four kernels lined up in my boot menu at one stage.  Anyway, thanks
for the affirmation.