Bad media or FC5 doesn't like DVD+R

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Sat Jun 17 01:35:17 UTC 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 21:27, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> Hi! I have two machines running FC5, both with DVD+-RW burners. Neither
> work with k3b and complain about i/o errors. One machine has M$ XPsp2
> with nero 6 and can burn them. Is the media weird or does
> fedora/k3b/linux-in-general just not like DVD+R?
> Thanks!

Works fine here. Go out and upgrade the firmware for your writer - for most
people that fixes it. If that doesn't help, I would recommend that you try
different burner to make sure you didn't get a bad batch of media.

Unfortunately, even with all standards out there, there are still some
drive/media combinations that simply don't work well.

Peter.