FC4 or FC5

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 17 03:55:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:34:24 -0700
"jdow" <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yeah, little toy obsolete piece of junk notebooks. An operating system
> that will not operate on my hardware as I want my hardware configured
> is a toy, a hobby piece, at best and at worst a piece of trivial junk.

I have a few month old Toshiba Qosmio that works just fine with Linux.

> I do NOT like communist drips like RMS dictating what *I* can do with
> my machine. I like even less the intrusive nature of his license such
> that it can intrude upon my personal life and work.

It's not RMS, it's the author of the software who chose the GPL license.
and nobody is dictating what you can do with your machine.  They're
dictating what you can do with the software THEY gave you.

> You might like it. I do not. And I bristle just a tad when somebody
> tries to tell me that just because I do not have hardware of the
> wrong hardware race I have to sit in the back of the bus. I tend to
> hold a singular digit, the middle one, in front of their faces when
> they try to tell me that.

Well, with luck we'll get enough hardware support so you'll be happy.

Sean