iPod nano can't be re-mounted unless it is physically reconnected

Andre Costa andre.ocosta at terra.com.br
Sat Jun 17 14:40:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use my iPod nano on Linux, and so far gtkpod works great
for me (still gotta give yamipod a try...). The only problem I faced
was the fact that after I umount my iPod (from GNOME file manager or
by hand) I simply can't remount it again unless I physically unplug
the device and plug it back again. ... this is not really a _problem_,
but it is annoying and seems to be fixable.

I noticed that after I unmount it, /dev/sda2 disappears, and the only
way I can get it back is through the unplug-replug process mentioned.
Does this suggest a problem with my USB or hotplug backend
configuration? Anyone experiencing this?

Any tips will be appreciated.

TIA

Andre

--