Maxtor or WD?

LinuxMedia linuxmedia2 at netscape.net
Sat Jun 17 16:23:41 UTC 2006

 > I was somewhat surprised that no one here had
 > anything negative to say about Maxtor, so I
 > thought I should post my experiences. I'm glad
 > your experience has been different, sofar, but
 > caveat emptor...

Actually, I posted early in this thread about how several Maxtor drives
died on me and I had decided to never use Maxtor drives again. And I had
mentioned that I (thought) I read somewhere that Maxtor doesn't fully
support the standardized method for checking for bad spots on drives. I
forget what that whole mechanism is called.

Rocco