sending mails to the users for changing the password on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 13:44:28 UTC 2006

hey friends,

I am using FC3 and my users on this FC3 are Cvs users and Mails users.
They don't sit on the FC3 server and do the things but they remotely
connect to this server for CVs & Mails. I want every user should
change his/her password every 30 days.

Is there any way when the 25th day is reached an email should be send
to the user and to the admin asking the user to change his password
and this email should be mailed to the user 26,27,28,29 day also so
that he don't forget to change his/her password ? I have already
installed a web based program for changing the user's password and all
the users have access to this utility/tool.

Password age can be change through "chage" command. But the main
question how to send the email to the user when his/her password is
about to expiry means starting from the 25th day till 30th day.

Please let me know if you need any further inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover