Fedora on Mactel?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun Jun 18 20:06:11 UTC 2006

> I just installed the current FC6's rawhide on my MacBook. It works
> fairly well but not everything works out of the box just jet (e.g.
> wireless). I filed a couple of bugs, hope they get fixed before the
> final FC6.
Thanks, looks like the install process is still kind of involved. Looks
like things are progressing at least. I'd imagine that the majority of
quirks will be worked out fairly quickly now that it's reached a point
of usability where developers can fix bugs rather than having to fight
to make it work at all. Did X, sound, and ethernet all work at least?

Guess I'll buy an iMac and test it out and once it's stable enough will
deploy them to others here. I like using Mac hardware because it changes
so less often than with your average PC offering which makes support a
lot easier. Much easier to order a 20" iMac w/ 2Ghz Intel Core Duo and
order ten more just like it a month later than to try to order a 2Ghz
Dell with 20" monitor and get more exactly like it later.