Applications unusable

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:57:45 UTC 2006

Since I've installed FC5 from scratch a few days ago, some programs
have become unusable and I am forced to reset the computer to get them
back. For other apps, even reseting the machine does not help. For
instance, Firefox or Kopete will randomly crash, and I cannot reopen
them. Reseting helps for these apps.

Other apps, such as Amarok and Konqueror are useless even after a
reset. Amarok will not play music, and does not complain- it just
hangs. It was working properly for about a day or two. The problem is
not in the sound system, and K3B made a sound when it finished
burning. Konqueror tells me that KDEInit cannot open whatever file or
folder that I am trying to open if I click on an icon. If I manage to
get it open and type the address into the address bar, it will open
the directory in question.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com